Forsyth County’s unemployment rate has fallen to 4.9 percent, making it the lowest rate in the entire Northeast region of Georgia. The regional unemployment percentage for the 13-county region was 6.1 percent.
The Cumming-Forsyth Country Chamber of Commerce offers a wide range of resources to assist your company with developing its workforce. Our workforce development incentives include such resources as:
• Complimentary assistance screening eligible candidates for jobs.
• Complimentary employee training via Georgia’s QuikStart program (covers up to 100 percent of training costs.) The QuikStart program provides customized training for new employees in skill-based jobs at no cost to qualifying companies.
• Complimentary skills assessments for all new and existing employees. The Georgia Work Ready initiative helps Georgia workers earn a Work Ready certificate, which enables employers to match the right people with the right jobs.
• Retraining tax credits (up to $1,250 per employee per year) A company’s direct investment in training can be claimed as a tax credit. For more information, click here.
• Hiring/employee recruitment assistance via partnerships with the Georgia Department of Labor, the Georgia Tech Enterprise Innovation Institute, Lanier Technical College, and the Governor's Office of Workforce Development.
The Cumming-Forsyth Chamber of Commerce is pleased to partner with local staffing agencies, Georgia’s Department of Labor (GDOL), and Georgia Tech’s Enterprise Innovation Institute to assist companies in recruiting local talent. Common services include, but are not limited to:
• posting job notices
• identifying a pool of certified applicants
• collecting and screening applications and/or résumés
• providing interview spaces
• scheduling interviews
• hosting job fairs
Let the Chamber help you find, build, and train a workforce that can grow your business. Find out more about our schedule of events and business workshops here, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can leave a comment here, or chat with us on our Facebook or Twitter pages!