The Cumming-Forsyth County Chamber of Commerce recently partnered with the Forsyth County Schools’ College and Career Development Department and local manufacturers to involve high school students in National Manufacturing Day 2018: October 5th. Students from all Forsyth County high schools spent the morning of National Manufacturing Day touring the operations at:
· Motovario Corporation (an Italian gear manufacturer)
· Metcam, Inc. (a fabricator of precision sheet metal components and assemblies for OEMs)
· Hansgrohe (a German manufacturer of luxury faucets and showerheads)
· GAF Materials Corporation (a roofing and shingles manufacturer)
· American BOA (a manufacturer of metal materials for the industrial and automotive markets)
· Specialty Appliances (an orthodontic equipment manufacturer)
· Solvay Specialty Polymers (a manufacturer of high-performance plastics, polymers, fluids and elastomers)
· Hitachi T&D Solutions (an electrical equipment supplier)
· TÜV SÜD America, Inc (a third-party, independent testing lab)
Each group of students toured these companies to draw attention to the many rewarding, high-paying careers available in the manufacturing industry and to highlight the importance of manufacturing to the nation’s economy. The students spent the day visiting multiple manufacturers before and after a lunch provided by Automation Direct (a manufacturer of PLCs and tools).
“[A]s a really big believer in teamwork, it’s good for us to share our time, facilities and experiences for the betterment of the community and its aspiring manufacturing professionals,” commented Jerry Ward, Co-Owner and Vice President of Operations for metal fabricator, Metcam.
Metcam created a company-wide theme for this year’s National Manufacturing Day of “Open Doors, Open Minds.” With their participation the company hopes to be an inspiration to future manufacturers and to advance a strong network of local businesses and educators.
The face of modern-day manufacturing is an important element in local workforce development and the Chamber is proud to partner with local companies investing in the future of our region.